Friday, January 12, 2007

New Year's Eve

Yes, I'm back from vacation and slowly getting back into the rhythm of actually having to work for a living. As I spent those two weeks away from work, I constantly found myself thinking, "I could really get used to this not working thing." Too bad the "no money" thing is more of an issue...

My wonderful wife gave me two tickets for the last regular season game of my San Diego Chargers. It happened to fall on New Year's Eve, so my mom and dad watched the kids while the two of us headed out for a rare day together.



We made it down to the stadium by 10:30, and met up with two of my nephews, my brother-in-law, and a few of his work associates to tailgate before the game. All of us were wearing our Charger jerseys, as one would expect!

We parked outside of the stadium and walked on it ($20 parking fee for stadium parking - le ouch!) as it was a nice day, and we parked close to a nice exit route to avoid stadium traffic when the game ended.

The seats we had were up in the View (aka Nose Bleed) level, but I was surprised that I really enjoyed watching the game from there. It was very easy to see plays develop, holes form in the line, and receivers break free from coverage. The only complaint I had with the seats was that we were in the sun the entire time. If I had brought a hat, it would have been fine.


The Chargers won the game, even though they pulled Rivers and Tomlinson out for the last part of the third and all of the fourth quarter. The Cardinals made a game of it at the end, however the home team prevailed and sixty thousand plus fans went home happy, as did we.


After the game, we picked up our children and headed home. There, we let the kids stay up until 9 o'clock to watch the ball drop in Time Square. After getting the kids to bed (party animals that we are), we shortly crashed thereafter. Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment